WE LOVE FASHION.
AND WE LOVE OUR PLANET.
Sustainability at ABOUT YOUSince our founding, we have always encouraged people to express their personalities through fashion, as we believe it promotes essential values for our society such as individuality, self-awareness and tolerance. But fashion is also much more than this, as much as it lives from the people, it also lives from the resources of our planet.
As a fast-growing online fashion platform, we at ABOUT YOU want to take responsibility for our actions and our environment. We are working on making this awareness the baseline for all our business decisions while enabling our customers to make sustainable buying choices that are fun and respectful to our earth and its resources.
This is a complex process, in which we are learning something new every day and we aim to always share our sustainability measures transparently. We are far from being perfect but we believe every step in the right direction can make a positive impact on our world.
We want to design every step of our supply chain to be as eco-friendly as possible.
We continuously measure our footprint and gradually improve our analysis. Based on gained insights, we avoid and reduce our footprint, coordinate improvements with our partners, and compensate for all CO₂ emissions that cannot be reduced directly.
Our progress in 2020
- Using eco-friendlier boxes (less material, higher recycling share, fewer prints) and poly mailers (min. 80% recycling share, fewer prints)
- Calculating our entire CO₂-emissions* together with ClimatePartner. We currently work with our partners to further reduce and avoid CO₂-emissions
- Achieving CO₂-neutrality by fully compensating our entire CO₂-emissions* through, tangible, certified climate protection programs, that additionally add value to the UN Sustainable Development Goals
*ABOUT YOU offices, stores, business travel, employee commutes, any means of transportation incl. delivery, returns & partners models, warehousing, call center, packaging, delivery own brands and paper based advertising material (enclosure ads, mailings, out of home ads). Products are currently not part of this calculation.
Private labels supply chain transparencyABOUT YOU private labels (EDITED, ABOUT YOU, Guido Maria Kretschmer, A LOT LESS and several idols collections) are producing global with external partners. We own 100% transparency in supply chain on Tier 1 level on garment production. We are constantly working on transparency beyond. On Tier 2 level we reached today transparency at 66% and constantly working on getting full transparency. These partners are for us our fabric-and yarn suppliers as well suppliers for trimmings.
Our partners are published on the open source tool Open Apparel Registry and accessible for everyone. Every partner is mapped to ABOUT YOU and gets an own ID within the tool.
We want to maximize the share of sustainable products on our platform and shift our focus on ecological and fairly produced fashion in the long term.
We establish transparent criteria, on the basis of which we label products in our shop as sustainable fashion and make such products more visible to enable our customers to make conscious purchase choices. Our buying department puts a bigger focus on sustainable products and brands that positively amplify our product portfolio.
Our progress in 2020
- Higher transparency through new shop features that label sustainable products and show all criteria and certificates
- Increasing the amount of sustainable brands and products in our portfolio
- Strengthening our sustainability criteria for used materials, ways of processing and working conditions
We want to establish a circular lifecycle for garments and maximize the use of recycled resources by offering return systems and utilizing used garments in the long run
We integrate second hand partners on our platform and offer our customers one of the largest assortments of quality checked second hand items with our launch of the category “Second Love”.
Our progress in 2020
- Integration & launch of the product category “Second Love” for quality checked second hand items in the ABOUT YOU Shop that can be purchased with our known customer benefits like free shipping and returns
- Continuation of the ABOUT YOU Vintage Wardrobe - A space where Festival & Event visitors can rent second hand fashion for free and learn more about used garments and the concept of circularity